Cooling Off Period
You have 24 hours immediately after you enter during which you are free to cancel your entry and receive a full refund, minus card fees.
Liability & Safety
By entering one of our events you agree to the following statements:
I understand that while I am entering an organised event, I will be riding on open roads and I am fully responsible for any decisions that I make throughout. The organisers are not liable for anything that may happen whilst I am participating and I should always follow local laws, as well as making sure that my actions prioritise my safety and the safety of others above anything else.
I understand that a set of rules will be provided to me before I start. However, I accept that these are not sufficient to guarantee my safety and are simply a bare minimum that is expected of me as a responsible rider.
I will ensure that my bicycle is safe to ride and well-maintained prior to the start of the event. I understand that it is my responsibility to check my bicycle for faults (or employ a professional to do so) and that I should ensure it is suitable for completing the type of event that I’m entering.
I confirm that I am fit and healthy and do not suffer from any conditions that might suggest an event of this nature would put me at greater risk of injury or illness. If this changes between now and the event start I will contact the organiser and make them aware.
If I lose or damage the GPS tracker during the event, I will pay a replacement fee of £130 to the organiser.
Postponing your entry to a subsequent year is, unfortunately, not possible. This was accommodated previously due to the greater flexibility everyone expected during the pandemic. However, postponing entries causes significant disruption and administration. Rather than increase prices to cover this, we have made the decision not to allow any postponements.
If an event is cancelled by us then all those who have paid will be offered the choice between a full refund or moving to a similar event.
The below cancellation terms should be viewed as a worst-case scenario and we will always aim to be more accommodating when possible. There may be a waitlist operating for the event, in which case we will refund you in full (minus card fees) if we’re able to fill your spot.
- If you cancel more than 120 days prior to the start of an event, 25% of your entry fee will be retained
- If you cancel between 61 and 119 days before the start of the event, 50% of your entry fee will be retained.
- If you cancel less than 60 days prior to the start of an event, 100% of your entry fee will be retained.
Rules of Participation
These rules outline what is expected when entering our events. Any amendments to these will be communicated via the rider manual prior to the start of the event.
- Ride in the spirit of self sufficiency, only taking advantage of commercially and publically available services that all riders have equal opportunity to use. This means no stashing supplies, no sleeping at friends’ houses etc.
- All food, drink and equipment must be carried with you and/or acquired at commercially available services
- Complete the entire route without deviation. If you leave the route, you must rejoin where you left. If a road closure necessitates a diversion, take a photo and immediately let the organiser know.
- Maintain evidence of your ride. In addition to your GPS tracker, you are expected to record your ride using a cycle computer or phone.
- Observe all local traffic laws
- Wear a helmet when on your bike. If you are seen without a helmet, the only result is immediate disqualification.
- Front and rear lights for night riding
- A reflective vest for night riding
- No drafting other cyclists or vehicles
- Carry any minimum kit required for the event you enter (some events may have specific requirements and we reserve the right to change these in the interest of safety and encouraging responsible behaviour)